Board of Directors
- Hubert Beaudry, President
- Mike Christie, Vice President
- Jennifer MacDonald, Treasurer
- Steve Lake
- John Kidd
- Will Runnalls
- Kurtis Schill
- Ralph Voisin
- Directors contribute to 5 Canola Board meetings annually as well as appointments to various committees and external organizations.
- Appointments to the OCGA board are 3 year terms for a maximum of 3 terms.
- OCGA is represented on the Canadian Canola Growers Association, Farm and Food Care, the Ontario Agricultural Commodity Council and the Ontario Grain Financial Protection Program.
Bruce, Huron, Perth and Counties
Mike Christie – Tara
Jeff Kobe – Port Elgin
Craig Reid, Hanover
Dieter Vermue – Paisley
Ralph Voisin – Hanover
Brant, Elgin, Essex, Haldimand, Hamilton, Halton, Kent, Lambton, Middlesex, Oxford, Niagara, Norfolk, Waterloo, and Wellington Counties
Carl Brubacher, Arthur
Steve Lake, Elora
Brad Martin, Gowanstown
Kurtis Schill, Arthur
Mike Schill, Palmerston
Grey, Dufferin, Durham, Peel, Manitoulin, Northumberland, Peterborough, Simcoe and eastern Ontario counties.
Jeff Curry, Owen Sound
Jennifer Doelman, Douglas
John Kidd, Melancthon
Jennifer MacDonald, Markdale
James McKinlay, Ravenna
Brian Wiley, Meaford
Algoma, Cocharane, Nippising, Rainy River, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, and Timiskaming Counties
Hubert Beaudry, Cache Bay
Simon Cloutier, Earlton
Frank Delorme, Verner
Tanja Gahwiler, New Liskeard
Dennis Jibb, New Liskeard
Bob Miller, Earlton
Terry Phillips, New Liskeard
Willie Runnals, New Likseard
District Representatives are appointed for 3 year terms and attend the annual District Reps meeting in January (day before OCGA Annual Meeting).
They are valued members of the OCGA team, contributing an important outreach role in each of their geographical areas.
Ontario Canola Growers Association Mandate
The Ontario Canola Growers Association strives to support Ontario canola producers through:
- Direction of canola related research
- Communication of canola production and research information
- Producer education programs
- Acting as Ontario canola growers’ voice to industry and government.
- Encouragement of market opportunities suitable to Ontario canola production.